After a year of running The Next Gen IT as a concept, we have seen that there is demand for what we provide.
Access to technology, people and possibilities.
We have now made the choice that we will invest more resources to make the 2019/2020 programme even better and involve more stakeholders. As such, we want to raise the awareness of what The Next Gen IT is about and why we can see the demand for it.
Hence, this year, our focus is on deepen the engagement and widen the reach.
What the partners and collaborators say:
The Festival of Innovation 2020
a future expo and gadget showcase for kids by kids and adults
The Festival of Innovation – a future expo and gadget showcase for kids by kids and adults is a collaborative community project where schools, parents, children, social enterprises, large organisations and local businesses come together to explore what the future looks like if the children created the solutions and the grownups help them build it.
There will be four areas to explore; The future home, work, school and play.
What could it look like? How will engineering play its part of creating it?
For the engineering community, it provides the opportunity to explore how to inspire children to create the solutions for the future using existing knowledge and technology.
Hence, a selection of engineers will be (prior to the event) on a mission to encourage a group of Yr6 students and above, to think about future innovations and showcase them at the event.
Also, we will be promoting how important mental health and general well-being is, in order to design and create the future, as well as providing social media skills to effectively tell a great story.
As a result, The Festival of Innovation serves as a great focus and will provide a launchpad for further development and learning. People sharing their experiences and creating rich media which will in turn inspire others to shape the future together in an interactive, purposeful and fun way. It crosses over a number of engineering disciplines, from 3D printing to drones to sailing and other ways that engineering comes across as “magic”.
– To deliver The Festival of Innovation, a future expo and gadget showcase for kids by kids and adults as a collaborative community project in Hampshire, UK, in August 2020
– To set up and deliver together with a selection of children and their parents, an interactive and hands-on showcase of the potential future home, work, school and play at The Festival of Innovation
– To engage at least 10 professional engineers from various fields in the development and delivery of The Festival of Innovation as advisers and participants.
– To develop engineers’ communication and engagement skills through the provision of training sessions in public engagement and social media and events promotion
– To encourage other engineers to participate in public engagement schemes and events by sharing their stories at events and in digital media outputs.
– To promote the Gosport STEM centre and other local STEM facilities and activities in south Hampshire to the public at The Festival of Innovation
– To carry on building a community of engineers, audience participants and public engagement specialists for the continuing to roll out TheNextGenIT in other areas of the UK.